Wednesday, April 4, 2007

NCAA Hoops Recap

Well, my original bracket was a mess, I was only half right on the final four last week, but I got the title game correct!

I said Florida 77-66...actual score Florida wins 84-75.
(pats self on the back)

As for the tourney as a whole, I must say I was disappointed. The opening weekend that is supposed to provide wild endings and cinderella stories, had little of the former and none of the latter (VCU should not have been an 11th seed,so I don't count them as a cinderella).

There were some great games...Xavier and Ohio State comes to mind immediately, but overall I would give the tourney a grade of "B-". 63 games (64 if you count that play in game), and NONE matched the greatness that was shown in the NCAA Men's Division II final between Barton College (NC) and Winona (MN) State. The last 2 minutes are on You Tube and if you haven't seen it, I strongly suggest you check it out. THAT game had all the March Madness I need...until next year.


***Post Script...I have to add a link for that amazing finish to the D II classic ending....check it out:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WzmQmz9Kdc

No comments: