Saturday, January 2, 2010

College Bowl Season 2009...Update

I was wrong again with my 3rd pick, taking me to 0-3 overall. I neglected to post all my picks while on Holiday Break, but I made them all at once. Here is a recap of the last 22 bowl game picks:
Las Vegas Bowl: My pick-BYU, winner-BYU (1-3 overall)
Pointsettia Bowl: My pick-Cal, winner-Utah (1-4 overall)
Hawaii Bowl: My pick-Nevada, winner-SMU (1-5 overall)
Little Caesars Bowl: My pick-Ohio U., winner-Marshall (1-6 overall)
Meineke Car Care Bowl: My pick-UNC, winner-Pittsburgh (1-7 overall)
Ugh, what an ugly start...
Emerald Bowl: My pick-USC, winner-USC (2-7 overall)
Music City Bowl: My pick-Clemson, winner-Clemson (3-7 overall)
Independence Bowl: My pick-Georgia, winner-Georgia (4-7 overall)
Eagle Bank Bowl: My pick-Temple, winner-UCLA (4-8 overall)
Champs Sports Bowl: My pick-Miami, winner-Wisconsin (4-9 overall)
Humanitarian Bowl: My pick-Bowling Green, winner-Idaho (4-10 overall)
Holiday Bowl: My pick-Nebraska, winner-Nebraska (5-10 overall)
Armed Forces Bowl: My pick-Houston, winner-Air Force (5-11 overall)
Sun Bowl: My pick-Stanford, winner-Oklahoma (5-12 overall)
Ouch....its shaping up as a terrible season for my picks...
Texas Bowl: My pick-Navy, winner-Navy (6-12 overall)
Insight Bowl: My pick-Minnesota, winner-Iowa State (6-13 overall)
Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl: My pick-Virginia Tech, winner-Virginia Tech (7-13 overall)
Outback Bowl: My pick-Auburn, winner-Auburn (8-13 overall)
Capital One Bowl: My pick-Penn State, winner-Penn State (9-13 overall)
Gator Bowl: My pick-West Virginia, winner-Florida State (9-14 overall)
Rose Bowl: My pick-Oregon, winner-Ohio State (9-15 overall)
Sugar Bowl: My pick-Florida, winner-Florida (10-15 overall)

Yikes...I still have hope to reach .500, though!

Today's picks-
International Bowl: Northern Illinois of the MAC takes on the Big East's South Florida in a meeting of directional schools. Not gonna overthink this, since that hasn't helped me much so far, so I will go with the USF Bulls in a close one.
My pick- USF 27 NIU 20

Papajohns.com Bowl: Steve Spurrier's South Carolina Gamecocks take on the UConn Huskies. Connecticut came close in so many games this year and is really better than their 7-5 record shows, and I think they get a big win in this one and dedicate it to their fallen teammate.
My pick- UConn 24 SC 14

Cotton Bowl: Oklahoma State, minus Dez Bryant, will meet the Ole Miss Rebels, led by Dexter McCluster, in the first Cotton Bowl game at it's new home, Cowboys Stadium. This is a very good matchup, I'm sure OSU will have a nice amount of fans making the trip down from Stillwater. I like McCluster in this one..
My pick- Ole Miss 30 Oklahoma State 21

Liberty Bowl: Arkansas Razorbacks take on the ECU Pirates. ECU returns to the Memphis game for a 2nd straight year. They upset Houston in the C-USA Championship Game to get here. The young Skip Holtz is developing a nice program down there in Greenville. Arkansas is a solid team, but I actually think ECU should have drawn a better game. I believe the Pirates take it to the Hogs tonight.
My pick- ECU 27 Arkansas 10

Alamo Bowl: The most talked about game today, and not because of the teams or the players. Texas Tech will play their first game without the fired Mike Leach tonight against Michigan State. The TT players said all the right things this week, that they are still focused and not a bit distracted by the controversy. I guess we will find out how true that is later tonight. I am of the belief that Michigan State will pull off the upset in San Antonio. This is no more than a gut feeling.
My pick- MSU 35 TT 31

No comments: